Save Our Souls - 2005
Many are floating on the ocean
But who is sure to know about them?
Many are calling for help in the silence
Who shall recieve their message?
I found some bottles, but there is a problem
Who can help me now ?
Artistic approach :
My artistic approach is set between surreal and fantasy style... in one word : Otherworldly. I never took art course that's why I have few anatomy/perspective notions. I work with intuition to compensate for this lack of knowledge and venture into colors. I use only Photoshop CS2 and a Wacom tablet. I don't know how to draw on paper support.
I'm aware my works don't come within the scope of a high artistic richness. I don't want to do beautiful things, but bringing out the difficulty to catch the emotional aspect in tiny, frozen, flat colored rectangles. Overall, I want to " tell something ", not only " show pixels ". Tim Burton and Hayao Miyazaki are both the roots of my own world. I like the surrealism movement, especially the work of Boris Vian and his Foam of the Daze (l'écume des jours). I like the absurdity, the creativity and the enchanting universes, where colors bring more emotions than thousand smiles or a million tears.
I am curious of life. I admire the work of the time, the evolution of societies, the change of thoughts, the human revolutions....how drops after drops are born oceans. I choose the pseudo Aquasixio to put together my favorite element with my favorite digit. My characters are often lost children or in quest for their truth (and not THE truth). Their stories are quite sad but the darkness of life is more inspiring than happy and safe people, in my opinion.
Otherworldly world :
I " try " to avoid to go into cliches (emo-fantasy-surreal labels), that's why I often use animals, attempting to be original to speak about ordinary theme. I think humans are proud, mistrustful and self-centered (and I am human). I want to hand over to the animals, to critic or play human roles. They don't carry hidden symbols ; this is just a return to innocence, a naive vision of the world. This is a return to childhood, where animals can speak, dreams become reality and imagination rules the world.
Digital painter :
I am realistic and quite pessimistic. I try to remain authentic, I don't think myself as an artist, but a simple Photoshop user. Since I work as psychologist, I have more distance with my art hobby. The popularity makes me feel as ill at ease as the indifference. I am really impressed by the artworks of the young artists gathered on Deviant Art, I admire the job of janaschi, loish, and arcipello and many other. I am proud to be a member of the new generation but I can't invest myself more on this way.
I am really interested when artists add a step by step of their drawing to reflect the slow evolution of the creation. As freelance artist, I learnt how to draw watching young artist submitting their artworks/oekaki. I add my work-in-progress to show how strange blurred strokes could turn into a face or a tree. I did a lot of tutorials for explaining my approach, not to say that my way of drawing is perfect but sharing the process, how a tiny spark can come on a gigantic dancing fire. You have to be persevering.
It is with a great pleasure that I announce the opening of my official shop ! ------> aquasixio.storenvy.com
What I propose today is a direct link with the artist, with the possibility to purchase high quality prints, with vivid and accurate colors. These reproductions are personally checked, signed, numbered then tidily packaged in order to reach you carefully. I have chosen the canvas format for giving you the possibility to frame it.
Only six 12x18’’ artworks are available, in a Limited Edition of 100 copies.
Moreover, to emphasize the « official » dimension, I created « original and unique » artworks, non available in the regular shops (such as DeviantART, Society6, Curioos,…). These exclusive artworks are included in a Limited Edition of 100 copies.
Furthermore, I will offer prints of my other artwork, upon request, which will be signed but not numbered. The available sizes are 12x18’’ and 20x30’’.
Do not hesitate to share feedback and wishes, in order to develop new artworks format.
Thanks again for you support,
- Try to live in the present.
- I just try to live, you didn’t listen to me !
- And you, do you listen to you ? Don’t be so agressive.
- Sorry, I… I can’t do it, I feel ridiculous, closing my eyes, creating a vacuum, this is… so stupid. Oh, don’t go ! Please, stay, I need some help…
- Your thoughts are negative, you have to leave them behind to soothe your mind.
- Hm, ok…. how ?
- Close your eyes…. keep breathing….. deeply…. and… just open a door….
- If … only… I wish I could… but I am afraid, what if I get lost ?…
- Focus on yourself now, somewhere, there…, in the middle of nowhere… find yourself…
- Oh, that’s it ! I found something !… I am quite sure… I feel it, just here, right on my lashes,
- Yes, I was not so far from you. What do you neglect me?
- I want to be perfect.. and you are not perfect….
- Because you ask too much, I can’t deal with all your goals you impose. And, the noise of your dark thoughts pollute the air and smother my voice.
- And I didn’t even listen…
- Try to live in the present means accept yourself.
- I think I get it, now… I had to be lost to find myself.
- Essaie de vivre le temps présent.
- J’aimerai vivre tout court, tu ne m’écoutes pas quand je parle !
- Et toi, tu t’écoutes quand tu parles ? Soit pas si agressive !
- Je suis désolée, je… j’y arrive pas… Je me sens ridicule, fermer mes yeux, faire le vide, c’est… si débile.
Oh, t’en va pas ! S’il te plait, reste, j’ai besoin d’aide…
- Tes pensées sont si négatives, tu dois les laisser derrière toi pour apaiser ton esprit.
- Hum, ouais…. comment ?
- Ferme les yeux….. respire…. profondément…. et ouvre juste une porte….
- Si…. seulement.. j’aimerais pouvoir le faire… mais j’ai peur, et si je me perdais ?
- Concentre toi sur toi-même maintenant, quelque part, là-bas… au milieu de nulle part… retrouve-toi.
- Oh, ça y est ! J’ai trouvé quelque chose ! Enfin je crois… je le sens sur mes cils,
- Oui, je n’étais pas si loin de toi. Pourquoi es-tu si dure avec moi?
- Je veux être parfaite… et tu n’est pas parfaite…
- Tu me demandes trop, je peux pas tenir tous les objectifs que tu m’imposes. Et, le bruit de tes pensées négatives pollue l’air et étouffe ma voix.
- Et je n’écoutais même pas…
- Essayer de vivre dans le présent signifie de t’accepter.
- Je pense que j’ai compris… J'ai dû me perdre pour me retrouver.
Time : 10 h00 hours
Software : Photoshop CC
Tool : Wacom Intuos 4M
Video (3H00) : www.youtube.com/watch?v=s72-xV…